Okeechobee Christian Academy was established to provide a quality Christian education for students. Students who are enrolled and those applying for admission to OCA are evaluated on the basis of their:
- Desire to attend OCA.
- Attitude toward Christian standards and principles.
- Desire to excel academically and the capacity to become self-disciplined.
- Previous school records (academic and behavioral).
- Results of pre-admissions and placement testing.
- Reputation for moral character and respect for authority.
- Initial registration and interview.
Five-year-old Kindergarten and First Grade applicants must be five and six years of age respectively before September 1st of the school year for which they are applying. Exceptions will be made at the discretion of the Principal and upon the parents’ signed agreement of the Premature Age Enrollment Disclaimer.
All students must be fully toilet-trained. Your child must be toilet trained for a classroom environment. Due to supervisory and health concerns, the OCA staff will not be responsible for changing soiled clothing.
Okeechobee Christian Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national or ethnic origin in determining eligibility for student admission, in the administration of its educational policies or in any of its programs.
Please review our Parent/Student Handbook before completing online registration form.Parent/Student Handbook
The following steps may take place when a new family first shows interest in our school.
- Initial Visit / Phone Call
- Tour of the school
- Review of the steps for application/ enrollment
- Registration link provided below
- Student Questionnaire for secondary (grades 6-12) students provided for students to be submitted during admissions testing.
- Registration form completed and required documents/ fee submitted to OCA office
- Schedule a time for admissions testing.
- Admissions Testing
- Applicant will demonstrate academic ability in reading and math to determine readiness for upcoming grade level.
- If testing results are acceptable, a family interview with the administration will be scheduled.
- Family Interview
- The applicant and his/her family will meet with the school administration and answer a series of questions based on the family interview topic/ question form.
- Applicant will receive notice of acceptance by phone call or declination by letter within 7-10 days after the interview. The registration fee must be submitted upon acceptance.
Enrollment is now open for the 2018-2019 school year. Click the link below and fill out the online form. After the form is submitted you will receive a confirmation e-mail with your next steps.
NOTE: Submitting the online registration form DOES NOT complete the enrollment process.
To complete enrollment, here are your next steps:
- Submit the following required documents to the school office:
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Social Security Card
- State physical form with both sides completed
- Up to date State of Florida Immunization Records
- Any legal custody arrangements, if applicable
- Authorization to release previous school records
- Authorization to Administer Medication, if applicable
- Student Questionnaire for students in grades 6-12
- Statement of Facts (all students MUST have signed and notarized)
- For students entering 1st-12th grade, submit the $40 admissions fee to pay the cost of admissions testing
- Upon review of the completed application and once all documents/ fee have been submitted, the school will contact you to schedule the admissions exam. Students scoring in the top 50th percentile will have their application reviewed by the OCA Admissions Review Committee. Students scoring below the 50th percentile are ineligible for admission to OCA. Invitations of acceptance or declination are communicated within 7-10 school days following the admissions exam.
- Upon acceptance a family interview is then conducted with the administration. This interview is the final step in being admitted to OCA. The registration fee is due completely at this time.
- Re-enroll for each student through your Praxi Portal (now open for 2019-2020). Click on the Online Forms tab, and complete the form for each student using the drop down list.
- Update required documents and verify student file with office personnel if additional information is necessary. The following information is grade specific and required:
- K5 students need an updated physical on the Florida form. Be sure to complete the parent side before bringing turning it into the office.
- 6th grade students will need a signed scoliosis exam from their physician on the Florida form
- 7th grade students will need an updates shot record on the Florida form or documentation of Religious Exemption. Shot records must have Code 1 removed completely and only list Code 8.
- Returning students with grades below passing (70% average for students in grades K5-8th and below a 2.0 GPA for students in grades 9th-12th), a record of disciplinary issues, and/ or unpaid balances from the previous school year may not be accepted for re-enrollment and will be asked to meet with the administration.
- Statement of Facts MUST be signed and notarized for each student. Please print the form front to back or they are available in the office.
- Submit the $200 non-refundable deposit towards registration fees for each student, unless you have already submitted a 100% scholarship award letter for the upcoming school year. (Total registration and fees must be paid by July 1st.)
- Optional: Update your child’s Authorization to Administer Medication 2019-2020 with your pediatrician to have your child take any medication at school, including over the counter medicines such as cough drops, Tylenol, etc. A new form must be completed each year. This form can be printed from home or they are available in the office.
Please Note: For all students, registration will not be considered complete until the office has accepted all paperwork, the Parent Student Handbook contract has been signed, and necessary fees have been paid.
If you have any questions, please call the school office at (863) 763-3072.